New Year Resolutions ; A Panacea?
New Year Resolutions : A Panacea?
Hurray! It's a New Year 2022! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited, that's the mutual feeling right.
It's new year, we've got to start doing something new and doing things differently right?
So.. New year resolutions? Sure! Great! Beautiful! Amazing!
I need to cut this, I need to stop this, I need to start doing this, this and this.... and the list goes on and on.
But wait a minute, this resolution of a thing, does it really hold any water? Before we even start talking, what does resolution even mean? According to Oxford English Dictionary, Resolution is a statement of intent, a vow. It can also mean a strong will, determination. Wow, it's such an incredible deal, right? But, is that what it means in reality?
Once it's new year, we all come up with numerous resolutions but by mid January, half of the list is down the drain and before February wears out, the list is nowhere to be heard nor seen. What went wrong? Is it that resolution is not really a remedy or panacea as it postulates?
Most of the time, our resolutions are always amazing, wonderful and sweet as we make them but why do they always end up as a wish list and not a real deal? Just as stated earlier, resolutions has to do with making a strong will and determination about something, then why does it not work out at the end of the day?
Often times, making a resolution does not bring any perpetual end to bad habits, lifestyle. Rather one gets drowned in the pitiful situations, you were trying to escape from.
But, why does résolution, I mean New Year Resolutions, fail to work in most cases?
One, most resolutions aren't made with seriousness, we just make them because we see everyone making them and we don't want to be left out.
Two, we fail to implement strategies to make the resolutions work! We just scribble some stuff on the paper and say I want to do this, that and the likes, some of us even go to the extent of pasting it on the wall but it eventually becomes a decoration. So sad!
There are many other reasons why resolutions don't really get work. So.., if Resolutions aren't the way forward, what then is?
You! Yes, you! You are the way forward!
Silly right! You may think so, but in the real sense you're the way forward, the panacea, the remedy and all.
How?
To do things differently, you need a Yourself, your ready mind. You have to settle it within yourself that you really want to make a change. If you don't, then nobody will, not even the hundreds sheets of resolution list pasted everywhere in your bedroom can make anything work. You have to desire the change and be committed to seeing it work. See things with a different eye. Deal with yourself first, trash out the bin in you and get yourself up for the task.
You've got to be deliberate, intentional and realistic. Let this three words sink deep into you, Be DELIBERATE, INTENTIONAL AND REALISTIC. See things the way they are and snap out of your daydreams. Be ready to work, to improve yourself. Be ready to rid yourself of all excesses and indulgence. Set realistic, sensible and feasible goals and plans with sustainable strategies to achieving them.
Put yourself to task, envision what you want to attain and consciously walk in the right direction to see it happen. Only when you do this, can you actually become what you desire to become. Even if you want to make resolutions, BE RESOLUTE ABOUT IT, THINK IT THROUGH!
And one very important thing, put God in all you do! There are definitely some things that only the help and intervention of the supernatural can do. That's why the natural can never override the supernatural. Get God involved in your life, let Him see you through. Remember, we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. He knows you better than you do, let Him lead you in the right path. Involve Him in your affairs and you'll be glad you did.
So my dear friend, GET UP, RIGHT NOW AND DO THE RIGHT DEAL!
I wish you a Prosperous and Fulfilling New Year.
I am Ayanfeledumare ✍️ and I wish you all the very best.
This is so inspiring, educative and informative.
ReplyDeleteWell done
Thank you so much, sir.
DeleteThank you ma
DeleteWow..
ReplyDeleteThanks 🤭
DeleteInspiring! You're indeed a blessing to us all 💘
ReplyDeleteThank you so much 🙏
DeleteAyanfe, I love this!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you.
Amen. Thank you for the compliment 🙏.
DeleteMore strength by The Holy Spirit.
ReplyDeleteAmen🙏. Thank you.
DeleteI'm awestruck with your language use and how you can fuse such a serious topic within informal tone and still able to paint a very clearly instructive, informative and educative message. I cannot hide the joy I get from learning new things here. I am working on myself to get improved on being a resolute myself. This is inspiring!
ReplyDeleteWell done. Keep inking, boss.
Thank you so much for this. I'm learning as well. I'm elated.
Delete