Lessons from a fall.
Hello!
Good day my dear friend,
Just as I shared yesterday on my WhatsApp status about the season I was in a great despondency and how I finally came out and conquered. I promised to share some of the great lessons I learnt as well as tips on how to overcome and avoid such scenarios.
I really do hope you learn something useful from this.
On a first note, never see yourself as the all-doing, super workaholic. I must confess I had this overrated can-do energy but it wasn't directed in the right course, so I flopped. Having great energy is beautiful but you must not overrate nor overwork yourself, it can be very disastrous.
Two, plan your self and set your self in action. Plans are good but it's your actions that births great results. As much as you have the desire to do a thing, put actions in place. Stop the much talk, let the doing speak for you.
Three, surround yourself with the right environment. You tend to be what you associate with. Keep the right set of friends as your close associates have every tendency to rob off on you. Make friends with someone who can lift you in the day of drowning and despondency not one who kills the little strength in you. Move with friends whom you're comfortable with not those who shuts you up at every instance or snaps at you causing fright and undue anxiety.
Talk with someone reliable and trustworthy. Not everyone is a wolf in sheepskin, not everyone is backstabber, not even is a snub. There are beautiful, amazing and godly persons who you can talk with. Don't keep all the pain to yourself. Remember in the multitude of counsel, there's safety and a problem shared is a problem solved.
Next, set realistic goals and be consistent about it. I was doing a great job but all of a sudden, I became inconsistent and little by little, I got dragged off. When you're not been consistent, you lose your influence and your real self. Don't jump from one thing to the other, DON'T BE A JACK OF ALL TRADE, MASTER OF NONE! I was actually, I wanted to do everything but ended up having nothing but grave miserable feeling. Focus on something that gives you much joy and fulfilment, something which you can do without any compulsion or coercion.
Read books, listen to audio, watch movies if necessary. The information you need to grow might be in a book, video or even just a short clip. Read as much as you can, invest and cultivate a great reading habit. Listen to audio-books, if sitting with a book looks unattainable.
Be creative. Yeah! Put your brain to work. Task the brain! It isn't just there for fashion, it's there for you to put it into great use. You're very intelligent and smart. You have every capacity you need, harness it well.
Take out time to relax and re-energize. You're not a stone, a wood, a robot or an inanimate object! You're an human with blood and water running through your body. Take breaks in between, go out to see the beautiful work of nature, do exercises, hangout with someone you're comfortable with, sleep well, eat plenty of veggies, fruits and sensible foods plus drink plenty of clean water. YOU NEED AN HEALTHY LIFE TO LIVE THE RIGHT LIFE.
And a very crucial one, set it right with God. Most of us think God is disinterested about our lives, No, He isn't. He is very much concerned about you. He loves you affectionately. There's a portion of God's word, I love so much in Psalm.18.32-33 : It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He has the best layout plan for you, get Him involved.
So dear friend, I hope you found this useful and helpful. I learnt these in days of despair and I know you've find them relevant as well.
I wish you a fulfilling, happy and beautiful living!
🔥🔥🔥🔥
ReplyDelete