Dadi mi... A story of hopelessness to transformation


Hi dear reader. Trust your day went beautifully well😇.

Hmm, tonight I want to testify... You see this Baba God ehnn, He will never put you too shame, never!

The Bible rightly says, Those that put their trust in the Lord shall be like Mount Zion which can never be moved...and this verse had been to be true over times.

This is my testimony of the past few weeks and what God did in the life of my father ... I do hope you learn something from this and your faith in God is doubled, tripled and multipled... Come along with me. 

  ... Starting from the beginning of November, I knew something wasn't right at home, little did I know that my house was about to be set on fire😳. Something was been cooked up and God could deliver my home...

...I and my parents were 5&6, I always called home virtually everyday just to hear from them and anytime I couldn't reach any of my parents, I knew something was amiss...

... For days now, I've been calling my dad's line only for my mom to pick up and tell me he is either busy or not around, hmmm😢, somedays he picks but his voice was never encouraging, other days, he doesn't even pick at all. This got me seriously worried and scared... My dad never fails to pick his calls, if he  doesn't pick, he will surely call you back later to apologise. But hours turned to days and days became weeks , yet he still hadn't reached out to me. That was when it dawned on me that there is fire on the mountain.

Before now, my elder sister had told me he was ill and I thought it was just ordinary stress or malaria and that he would get well soon but I never knew it was more to it than eye can see...

Countless times, I cried my eyes out from Chapel down to Awo hall due to fear and uncertainty. I was really puzzles as to what kind of sickness could have made my dad not pick up his calls for days. Sometimes, I would just be going on the road and as his thought filtered into my mind, I shed fresh set of tears. The fear of losing him at this crucial moment of my life hit me hard and I couldn't bear it at all. I kept on praying for God's mercy and intervention because that was the only hope I had...

Admist this, UI exams was knocking and I was so disturbed that even the vibe to read wasn't available. I was so down and unhappy, yet I didn't even know the kind of ailment until... 

  ... I was officiating at the convocation on the 17th of November when my uncle's call came in and he told me that I had to rush home to assist my mum in taking care of dad, I was stupified 😱. Has it gone to that level, I asked myself. I felt like crying but summoned up courage and to take a excuse from the service, headed back to Awo to pick up a few stuff.


.. That's how I landed Lagos that fateful evening and the state I met my father was so bewildering that I can never wish it even for the devil himself 😭😭😭... 

Then, I saw the reason why my mom had to be the one picking up the calls. Seeing how lean and weightless, she had grown in how many days was even enough to be a cause for breaking down in tears, yet I summoned up the little courage I had and greeted her warmly.

As I got in to see dad, I felt hot tears burning in my heart but I had promised myself that I will not shed a tear, I had come to help mom and others to find strength, I can't be shedding tears, they'll  just break down and that won't be a good scenario.

Dad was lying on the bed, he was a shadow of his old self, I barely recognised him and to my shock, Dad didn't recognise me as well😭😭, that was so sad and painful. As big I was, I still jumped on him everytime I came back from school or long journey...and seeing that he didn't even know me was a painful thing, I couldn't bear.

I was shocked and at loss for words. But I'm a believer and the weapon of my warfare are never carnal, even before coming home, I knew this wasn't a physical illness, it was a spiritual battle and it was so glaring. Dad lost consciousness of his immediate environment and a lot of strange things were surfacing. I didn't waste any time, I swung into actions, I started praying, holding his hands and commiting him unto the only person I knew could do what even the greatest physician could never attempt.

I prayed and prayed like tomorrow won't come pouring out my heart unto my God and my father. I couldn't bear to lose my dad just like that; Dad has never done any wedding for his children, he has not even eaten any fruit of his labour, he can never die at this moment. He has not even attended my convo even at undergraduate level, he can't die!!

After this I left the room to help out with some other things and instructed my sister to read the Bible to his hearing for what my God can't do, doesn't exist!!

 Over the night I kept on pondering at what could have happened and my mind went back to the day, I was coming back from Akure, I smelt death, I knew something was amiss as everything around me smelled like corpse, then I prayed and rejected any kind of death, not knowing it was a sign for the battle at hand.

No one could sleep as dad had not been able to sleep for 3 consecutive day! 

It was a disaster to behold, his blood pressure had risen to 220😱🙆‍♀️ and he wasn't helping matters at all.   Then the next day, Dad died 😭.

 Yes, Dad literally died... It was very early this next morning when mom and our pastors were trying to give him a little bit of food, so he can use his medications cos he had barely eaten anything the previous day. And after, the drugs and all, tragedy struck.

Dad's eyes became dilapidated, he started vomiting vigorously and suddenly his body went limb and cold. All efforts to bring him back to life proved abortive and he was rushed inside the room to keep off from the crowd that had gathered in the parlour.

Mommy went crazy, Auntie Toyin went gaga, everybody was behaving abnormal. Even I started crying and screaming until I realised that this is just a trick of the devil to shake our faith. I wiped my tears and instead of crying, I burst into tongues cos I knew that if anything was revive Dad, it's only prayers that can work, private hospital had reffered him to another teaching hospital as they couldn't unravel the mystery...

... I prayed and prayed until my voice went hoarse, interceding and pleading with the Father, reminding him of his promise that I was coming home to met testimony, Death is never a testimony!

Seeing me pray, every other person summoned up courag and we prayed together in unison, until... Someone broke the prayer, He is alive 😱, you say what!

I opened my eyes and went immediately to the room he was kept and behold dad was alive and his eyes were fully opened. I cried and almost try my hands at his neck but was restrained from holding him...

... Soon afterwards, it was agreed that we take him to UCH for further treatment, he was alive, yet his situation didn't seem much better as he had to be carried into the car, still oblivious of his environment and I said a word of prayer, Lord, my dad is being carried out today, on his arrival, he shall walk back with his two legs. One thing that happened which made me know transformation had began was that dad slept. Someone who hadn't slept for days finally found rest and he slept. He virtually slept all through the journey to Ibadan. Now, mom also could find sleep as she had also barely slept.

... On getting to UCH, another trouble burst, No bedspace, we can't admit him, haa😭, this is the height of it!

We waited from 11am till 4pm no response from the doctors!

 Thank God for the gift of men... and after all the troubles, they asked us to go for a test and bring him back on Monday to check if there will be available space by then.

Ordinary test going to the tune of 40k!  May we not have reason to spend money on unplanned scenarios as this!

That's how we had to stay back in IB waiting for UCH to have a free bedspace! Though, we were given prescriptions and the likes and thank God, mom is a nurse, she was able to help with the administering of the drugs and medications...

To cut the long story short... 

 God began his work of healing right in the house, that night when we got back to my uncle's house, Dad could sleep well, eat well and even sit up to some extent. Just that same night and that was how the transformation began... For 3 weeks now, God had been changing his health status and finally finally today, Dad went back home, fully recovered, completely healed and transformed. Now, I remember the prayer I prayed when he was brought to IB and I can testify that my God is a God that truly answers prayers.

Be not dismayed, God never fails!


Are you also in a situation of despair and sorrow?

Are you going through challenges that seems bigger than you?

Does it seem like all hope is lost?

Are you at the verge of giving up?

I did, I was.

I went through this too but one thing was that I didn't give up, I believed that my God and Father never sleeps nor slumber, He is our ever present help even in the times of. troubles.

Beloved, Jesus is here! 

He solved my problems, healed my home, settled our debts, extinguished the flames of destruction and death, put the devil to shame and did much more things than we could imagine.

Why don't you give him the room to help you out as well?

Only Jesus is able to stop every storm!

He alone can do what seems unachievable by man.

Call on Him and He will answer.

Jesus never fails!

Hallelujah!!


P/S: You are encouraged to share as well. Thanks in anticipation. 

Comments